Summer is a great time to enjoy being outside by the pool and spending time at the movies, but unfortunately it’s easy to neglect your personal fitness during these months. Instead of using the heat as another excuse to skip your workout, try to be creative with your summertime activities so you can keep up with your fitness goals.
1. Take 10 minutes over the weekend to plan your fitness calendar for the week. Mark the day AND time in your calendar just as you would a dental appointment and show up!
2. On days when you know it is going to be too hot, set your alarm clock for an early morning workout. It’s a great plan because you get it done before it gets too hot, and you are starting your day off on the right foot.
3. Exercise in the pool! When you are at the pool for family time, go ahead and swim laps for 30 minutes. It’s a great workout and will keep you cool!
4. Run through the sprinkler with your kids and throw in a few push ups.
5. Find a studio near you and workout indoors. Allow summer to explore a workout that might be outside of your comfort zone!
6. Find a cool spot, such as a hike in the woods.
7. Take an early morning walk on the beach. It will help you mentally and physically. Spend time thinking about the things you are grateful for in your life.
It’s important not to let yourself go during summer months because you are busy, it is hot, or you always have your kids. A little creativity goes a long way, and if it is important enough to you, you will make time for it. I hope you are having a wonderful summer full of great and creative workouts. Stay hydrated and have a wonderful July 4th weekend!